On 1st October 2014 we were proud to become a member of Cidari, Blackburn Diocese’s Multi-Academy Trust
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
We have received our SIAMS inspection report (church inspection report) and are very pleased to announce that we were awarded OUTSTANDING in all areas!
How well does the school, through its distinctive Christian character, meet the needs of all learners? OUTSTANDING
What is the impact of collective worship on the school community? OUTSTANDING
How effective is Religious Education? OUTSTANDING
How effective are the leadership and management of the school as a church school? OUTSTANDING
The inspector was especially impressed with the ‘strong and effective’ partnerships with parents, church and community.
Enjoy reading the report. A copy of the SIAMS report can be found under Reports in the Key Information Menu.
Our mission statement says it all:
Achieving great things through learning and growing together in a love filled Christian family.
Our Vision is for a school team of staff and pupils who:
- Wish to learn in a safe, vibrant and creative Christian environment
- Follow the example of Jesus
- Have high expectations and are ambitious to develop their God-given talents, achieving great things, spiritually, personally,
- academically and socially.
- Have initiative and take responsibility for their choices and their actions
- Are respectful, thoughtful and sensitive
- Are happy, successful and confident
- Love to learn every day
- Our children and staff have reflected on our school ethos. You will recognise our Gospel values as soon as you enter our school.
Friendship, Generosity, Trust, Respect, Forgiveness, Service and Courage.
St Barnabas reminds us of our responsibilities as Christians to welcome, love and encourage in all we say and do.