On 1st October 2014 we were proud to become a member of Cidari, Blackburn Diocese’s Multi-Academy Trust
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our children as confident, happy citizens.
Our vision statement says it all:
‘Achieving great things through learning and growing together in a love filled Christian family’
‘That they shall have life, life in all its fullness’ John 10:10
Our Vision is for a school family who:
- Wish to learn in a fun, vibrant and creative Christian environment
- Follow the example of Jesus
- Have high expectations and are ambitious to develop their God-given talents, achieving great things, spiritually, personally,
- academically and socially.
- Have initiative and take responsibility for their choices and their actions
- Are respectful, thoughtful and sensitive
- Are happy, successful and confident
- Love to learn every day
Our Gospel values were chosen by our whole school family and you will recognise them as soon as you enter our school.
Friendship, Generosity, Trust, Respect, Forgiveness, Service, Courage and Encouragement.
St Barnabas reminds us of our responsibilities as Christians to welcome, love and encourage in all we say and do.
We have received our SIAMS inspection report (church inspection report) and are very pleased to announce that we were awarded OUTSTANDING in all areas!
How well does the school, through its distinctive Christian character, meet the needs of all learners? OUTSTANDING
What is the impact of collective worship on the school community? OUTSTANDING
How effective is Religious Education? OUTSTANDING
How effective are the leadership and management of the school as a church school? OUTSTANDING
The inspector was especially impressed with the ‘strong and effective’ partnerships with parents, church and community.
Enjoy reading the report. A copy of the SIAMS report can be found under Reports in the Key Information Menu.